The man, the myth, the legend, Greg Reid has gained access to some of the greatest minds in personal development and business taking himself from a businessman/entrepreneur who was running an agency to today where he’s a publisher, a movie maker, and a prolific author.
I first met Greg Reid at his private, closed door event called Secret Knock. (I highly suggest you checking it out if you haven’t already.) While I was there I got to rub shoulders with incredible minds like Bob Proctor, Les Brown, James Malinchak. Not to mention just plain, great guys like Frank Skankewitz who created the Make a Wish Foundation and James Malinchak of The Secret Millionaire.
Greg Reid is now a master of motivation heading up the Napoleon Hill Foundation. Listen carefully as Greg lays out his recipe for connecting with great minds and great people and creating an amazing life of abundance.
Connect With Greg Reid
Listen while Greg lays out…
- how he went from being happy doing what he was doing to making the leap to being happy doing what he really wanted to do.
- how he remembers the words of his first mentor more than the man himself and why those words still influence him to this day.
- How having mentors in every area of your life can help you stretch yourself and grow in all directions.
- how his multi-faceted approach to surrounding himself with great people has allowed him to create the best person in himself.
- how deciding to go the high road in his business led to short term pain but long term prosperity
- how he took the leverage that he had created from his past business to jump start his new business.
- how Greg realized early on that the most successful people were also the most available people.
- how getting turned down by 268 publishers didn’t talk him out of what he knew what he wanted to create and become.
- how by using small words and parables helped him learn how to create three or four books a year.
- how he learned the difference between being an “author” and a “writer”
- how the idea of Secret Knock came together starting with twelve people in his living room.
- the story of how he became associated with The Napoleon Hill Foundation
Links and Resources We Talked About In This Episode
Greg’s Event: Secret Knock
Motivational guru and mentor Brian Tracy’s awesome website
Motivational Speaker and Mentor Charlie “Tremendous” Jones was an inspiration to many
The mighty speaker Les Brown ‘you gotta be HUNGRY!”
The father of motivation Zig Ziglar “if you help enough people get what they want, you’ll get what you want”
Nightingale Conant is a place to get hundreds of resources on self-help, motivation and sales training.
Greg is now involved with The Napolean Hill Foundation
Gary Goldstein Gary Goldsteing movie producer on Linkedin
Jeanne Stack is super cool.: Movie Producer and Production Manager
The Millionaire Mentor: A Simple Way to Get Ahead in Your Work and in Life Another book by Greg Reid
The TV Show: Undercover Boss on CBS
The TV Show: Secret Millionaire wikipedia page
The TV Show: Shark Tank on ABC
Motivational mentor Bob Proctor’s main website.
Pictionary Inventor Robert Angel’s Wikipedia page.
Frank Shankewitz at Greg Reid’s event Secret Knock in San Diego of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Don Green on LinkdInof The Napolean Hill Foundation
Truett Cathy’s website of Chick-Fil-A
Thanks For Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me on this episode of TheBusinessCalledYou Podcast. I’d love to hear your feedback so please leave a comment below this post!
If you enjoyed this episode, and think others would benefit from listening to it as well, please share it using the social media buttons you see on this post.
Also, please leave me a solid review for The Business Called You Podcast over on iTunes. You can get there by clicking here. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and I appreciate them tremendously as they do help the rankings for the show. I read every one and look forward to reading yours.
If you have any questions for me about life, blogging, high performance, the Olympics, anything at all please click on the Ask Jon tab at the top and leave me a question there.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter by clicking the link below, and be sure to Subscribe to the feed on iTunes to have this podcast delivered directly to your device each time I publish an episode.
Thanks to Greg Reid for sharing today. See you next time!