Nate Barr grew his company www.ZootilityTools.com by staying true to his roots and not believing in the hype around “startups”.
From a successful Kickstarter campaign Nate Barr was able to launch his idea for PocketMonkey, a TSA approved multi-tool that fits in your wallet. I got mine as a stocking stuffer from my mom!
“Think. Don’t follow.” Nate Barr
Connect With Nate Barr of ZootilityTools.com
Find Nate Barr on Twitter: @n8barr
Nate Barr’s Websites:
Check out www.ZootilityTools.com. Home of the Pocket Monkey
Nate Barr laid out some gems today. Have a listen and learn…
- how following the traditional path that most Startups take leads to frustration.
- why taking his product to Kickstarter.com was a fast and easy way to justify his product idea and give him instant momentum.
- how staying true to their roots and not jumping at Home Depot has created a sustainable company that continues to grow.
- why most shows like Shark Tank promote the wrong goals for most small entrepreneurs.
- how keeping production in the USA has allowed Nate to have a continuous flow of ideas that wouldn’t otherwise happen if production was in China.
- how past failures gave Nate the tools to navigate the waters that have taken them to 17 employees.
- why paying hourly and keeping work time to manageable levels allows their team to have fun and stay motivated
- and much more…
The Coolest Cooler on Kickstarter: Check it out here
Books or Authors Nate Recommends:
Nates’ Answer to Dogs, Cats or other?
Nate’s too busy for pets!
Nate’s Favourite Comic?
His answer: “John Stewart”
Check Out Nate’s Videos
Thank You For Listening
The Business Called You is an ever-expanding global community of aspiring and achievement minded business owners who want to expand their knowledge and be on the leading edge of the technology and business thinking that will take their business to the next level. This podcast is for entrepreneurs, small business owners or even start-ups who want to be inspired, and who want tools and actionable strategies to improve their life and their business. Jonathan Edwards brings his ever expanding knowledge as an Olympian and an Entrepreneur to bring you the latest and greatest in tech, psychology, productivity, books, and inspiring people doing what they love.
This podcast is part of Jonathan’s Podcast365 project.
Please leave a comment below and be sure to go to iTunes and leave us a 5 Star Review.