Owen Garratt sits proudly in the one percent of top income earners for artists. No longer a “starving artist” he teaches other artists and entrepreneurs how to do what they love so the money will follow. My favourite topic!
“People love to buy. They hate to be sold.” – Owen Garratt
Connect With Owen Garratt
Owen Garratt on Facebook
Owen Garratt Websites:
Owen Garratt laid out some gems today. In this podcast you’ll learn…
- how the death of Owen’s mom when he was thirteen turned him from art to music.
- how one of Owen’s first jobs was actually selling art.
- how the one thing that Owen learned about how people buy art turned Owen into a sales machine and earned him a boatload of money.
- how Owen thinks through the “Artist’s Lament” and the real lessons artists can learn by watching shows like American Idol and The Voice.
- the process Owen uses to come up with his next art piece that guarantees that he’s going to make some money and not be the starving artist.
- how Owen’s experience on Canada’s Greatest Know It All was one of his most fulfilling experiences in his life.
- what scares Owen every day.
Watch Owen Garratt on YouTube
Thank You For Listening
The Business Called You is an ever-expanding global community of like minded business owners who want to expand their knowledge and be on the leading edge of the technology and business thinking that will take their business to the next level. This podcast is for entrepreneurs, small business owners or even start-ups who want to be inspired, and who want tools and actionable strategies to improve their life and their business. Jonathan Edwards brings his ever expanding knowledge as an Olympian and an Entrepreneur to bring you the latest and greatest in tech, psychology, productivity, books, inspiring people.
This podcast is part of Jonathan’s Podcast365 project.
Please leave a comment below.